Paper manufacturing is a widespread industry type that carries out complex tasks throughout the manufacturing and related processes. These processes must be done without the space for an error to make the industry loss-proof and successful. An ERP system can help a company process paper paperwork efficiently and profitably in areas such as manufacturing, inventory control and shipping.
This blog discusses some advantages of implementing an ERP system in paper manufacturing.
1. The quality of raw materials and the manufacturing processes significantly impact a product’s performance.
When selecting raw materials for any industry, the primary consideration is quality. The end product will be similarly flawed if the raw materials are not of high quality, no matter how efficiently other production processes are managed. Therefore, it is crucial to choose only materials of high quality for each step of production. An ERP system for paper manufacturing includes a quality control feature to ensure that desired standards process the raw materials. Using an ERP system, paper manufacturers can set quality norms for pulp. The software checks the pulp quality and sends it across processing divisions only after meeting the quality standards. Such a feature in an ERP system helps manufacturers produce better-quality products.
The papermaking process begins by extracting pulp from trees and treating the pulp to remove impurities. Paper is made by pulping wood, mixing the pulp with water and chemicals, and pressing it into sheets. The fibres are formed into sheets of paper on giant cylinders called developing drums. After drying, these sheets are cut into pieces of paper, packaged and shipped.
Manufacturers can create and track separate worksheets for each production stage using an ERP to manage paper processing.
It is challenging to coordinate every location in the paper industry, which has separate work locations. ERP systems for the paper industry help companies coordinate work among suppliers and customers, as well as automate important business processes., ensure real-time communication transactions, and keep the order of every movement between areas. The following image shows the location management in Acumatica ERP. Acumatica ERP can efficiently manage different warehouses, their routing and bill of materials.
2. Inventory management can be made easier and more efficient.
Paper manufacturers must use enterprise resource planning software to ensure smooth and problem-free inventory management.
The paper manufacturing industry benefits from using an enterprise resource planning system.
- Acumatica ERP handles delivery orders and stock transfers in an efficient manner. It is a perfect choice for the paper industry because it takes care of the manufacturing process, inventory movement, and stock transfers from one location to another from a unified interface.
- Second, Acumatica can help you track your products more efficiently by automatically packing and labelling them.
- The paper processing industry can use enterprise resource planning software to simultaneously control multiple locations in their manufacturing unit. The stock movement facility within the ERP system helps the paper manufacturing sector move its commodities from one place to another, eliminating errors.
- Acumatica Open ERP offers an additional advantage for paper manufacturers regarding inventory management. Acumatica’s negative inventory feature allows paper producers to plan production even before the availability of raw materials.
- Precise scrap management: Scraps or damaged materials will be pervasive when an industry like paper manufacturing is considered. Acumatica’s efficient scrap management module allows users to record and track scrap, moving them to the appropriate location in the ERP for paper manufacturing.
3. Use the master production schedule to plan production.
In the paper manufacturing industry, an ERP can help with advanced planning for production. Because demand never remains constant, an ERP helps to alter output according to changes in direction. When demand is high, an ERP can assure that inventory is stock efficient so that production can be carried out smoothly without interruptions. When demand is low, an ERP can help prepare a master production schedule so that production can continue uninterrupted.
Acumatica ERP helps businesses forecast materials demand, allowing them to plan production and prevent excessive inventory efficiently. Acumatica’s ERP also helps paper manufacturers minimize operational costs without incurring additional business expenses.
4. The products are guaranteed to be authentic.
The ERP for the paper manufacturing industry also provides seamless tracking of its product materials. The traceability feature in ERP helps to keep track of a paper manufacturer’s product, variant information about its reception, stocking details and customer details. The following is an image from Acumatica ERP showing the traceability feature.
5. Strong customer relationship management.
For any business to be successful, strong customer relationships are crucial. An Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system can help the paper manufacturing industry manage sales, marketing, and connectivity with potential customers.
The CRM module of an ERP system for paper manufacturing ensures that products are delivered on time and per the priority. Some companies in the paper industry employ customer feedback in their marketing strategies, granting discounts or offering loyalty benefits.
6. Time-bound delivery of goods
The finished products, in this case, paper, will be transported to the consumer promptly. For this, Acumatica can be used for shipping and hauling companies. The route can be created, with the dates and times of each delivery recorded.
Effective record-keeping can help eliminate shipping errors by providing an organized and secure tracking of products. Since all the product details are available through serial number/lot number tracking, manufacturers need not worry about keeping a bundle of information on the development and fear losing them.
7. Effective invoicing is an essential aspect of any business venture.
Invoicing is an essential procedure for communication between a business and its clients. ERP for the paper processing industry streamlines the invoicing process with a workflow that integrates with other business functions, such as manufacturing, shipping, and order entry.
8. Report analysis.
Acumatica’s ERP system incorporates an audit feature that allows users to generate reports that analyze business activities, help cut costs, save time, and increase efficiency.
In conclusion, Acumatica ERP is a valuable tool for the paper manufacturing industry to carry out its daily operations.
ERP implementation in the Paper Manufacturing industry is best served by the full involvement of business process owners and a core team from the client side who have deep knowledge of their business processes. This core team must consist of one-time implementation specialists to ramp up the implementation process.
Tayana Solutions can save your organization time and money because they enable your business to achieve high-performance levels with effectively integrated traceability systems.
Sangeetha brings 20 years of experience in Information Technology which includes Solution architecting, building micro services, research, and evaluation of business applications, integrating apps.