It is essential to remember that most ERP software is designed with industry-standard practices in mind. The use of these standards allows faster implementation with less customization needed. However, sometimes, the bars are challenging to adapt across different industries. A company should evaluate many factors before selecting an ERP system. It should determine whether its current business processes, workflows, and employee work structure will be compatible with the future system.
Failure to do so may lead to an adequate ERP solution. Such a decision would not only waste resources, time, and money but also prevent the company from growing or expanding its operations for years to come. To ensure that your ERP system pays off, you must ensure that it enables you to reach both your long-term and short-term goals.
To find the right ERP solution for your distribution company, evaluate these five main areas:
To determine whether an ERP system is effective, evaluate its ability to increase your company’s productivity. The most commonly used criteria to assess the productivity-enhancing capabilities of ERP software are:
- Accessible from any device, at any time, and from any location.
- Multilingual skills and knowledge of currency exchange rates.
- Easy to learn and adapt, with a simple user interface.
- Automation of business processes can simplify approval processes and notifications.
- A single database to store documents, accessible by key personnel.
- Comprehensive reports are helpful in many ways.
In addition to the above criteria, you should evaluate the functionality of an ERP system. There are several criteria by which you can assess this factor.
- Capable of handling multi-company, international companies, multi-site and multi-warehouse operations.
- Financial management skills.
- The ability to convert quotes into cash
- Selling order and purchase order management capabilities include cost accounting.
- Warehouse and inventory management capabilities
- Industry-specific analytics integrated with BI.
- Customer relationship management.
- When evaluating your ERP, it is essential to consider the technological capabilities of the software package.
- The availability of all functionalities on a cloud platform
- Responsiveness across different devices and platforms.
- The ability to export data for reporting and backups is a valuable feature.
- Change your data hosting method.
- Flexible, customizable, and scalable.
An ERP should add value to your company by improving its efficiency and effectiveness.
- Deployment options include multiple options.
- Flexible licensing options are available for our products.
- Reduced maintenance costs
- Vendor charges may apply.
Risk is a factor in every business decision
A fully-fledged ERP can minimize the risks your company faces.
- Predicting monthly expenses
- Rapid deployment.
- Cloud hosting leaders offer a wide range of resources.
- The vendor has substantial experience in the industry and references on previous projects in the same or similar verticals.
- Disaster recovery and backup.
- Simpler integration
Acumatica is the best cloud business management software provider that empowers small and midsize businesses to unlock their potential and drive growth. The company’s platform is built on the world’s best cloud technology, which powers a suite of fully integrated applications designed for companies looking for modern ERP software powered by the Cloud. Acumatica Cloud ERP provides full-service software consulting for eCommerce, Vendor Portal, and WooCommerce Integration. Contact us for a customized ERP.
Vijay comes with a vast experience in ERP and enterprise solutions space with about 20 years of experience in various packaged application like Acumatica, SAP, Orion, Salesforce.com, SugarCRM and, SalesLogix.